Thursday, May 5, 2011

3 Minute Fiction: Friendly Skies

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/25/134795550/friendly-skies

I like this story about a flight attendant who meets a pilot on a loud and uncomfortable airplane ride.  The two share some meaningless conversation and misunderstand each other and go their separate ways at the end.  I liked the way I could picture the characters even though there was hardly any description of each of them.  I pictured the flight attendant with her bloodshot eyes and a wrinkly uniform because she is going through a hard time in her life.  I pictured the pilot to be an attractive man in his blue and silver uniform that didn't match the pilots of that plane ride.  In this 3-minute short story, a lot was said about each of the characters and I found myself wanting them to be able to talk to one another and I was frustrated with the chaos of the complaining people on the plane because it prohibited the two passengers from carrying on a simple conversation that could have been something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment